AANA Mission: AANA advances patient safety, practice excellence, and its members’ profession.
AANA Vision: AANA will be a preeminent professional association for healthcare and patient safety
AANA Core Values: Quality, Professionalism, Compassion, Collaboration, Wellness and Diversity
AANA Motto: Safe and Effective Anesthesia Care
The Education Professional Development Department supports the AANA mission of 'AANA and CRNAs advancing patient safety and excellence in anesthesia care' by offering continuing education and professional development programs that are designed to update and expand the practitioner's knowledge in the nursing, medical, and sociopsychological sciences related to nurse anesthesia.
With oversight from the Manager of the Education and Professional Development coordinates all work related to the development implementation and evaluation of all live and online continuing education programs for AANA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees education course development, planning, budgeting, implementation, and serves as primary staff liaison for both live and online education programs including but not limited to the educational requirements around the Continued Professional Certification (CPC) Program.
- Provides onsite management support for assigned meetings and workshops.
- Seeks new ways to do business/enhance course and faculty effectiveness and attendee engagement.
- Recruits faculty/coordinates with content providers, prepares program agendas, compiles syllabi/handouts/presentations, and prepares and implements evaluations/tests.
- Develops necessary accreditation materials and coordinates all other course related responsibilities in accordance to established time frames, including summary reports and long-term outcomes tracking.
- Supports marketing efforts associated with all AANA live and online programs.
- Works with the Project Management Department and other Departments to coordinate all live and online educational content, including the CPC Modules.
- Is fully trained on the AANA Learning Management System (AANA Learn) and works within the system to launch new courses and respond to customer service matters.
- The Coordinator is required to be cross trained within the Division and therefore, supports the needs of the Professional Development Committee, Education Committee and the Continuing Education Committee.
- Performs all other job related duties as required or assigned.